Friday 12 April 2024

Monday 25th March - New starter motor.

 Following starter motor issues with the inertia starter motor on my Green Cortina, I had purchased (some time ago) a hi-torque pre-engaged starter motor to replace it. With the warmer weather now starting to appear, I decided to finally get round to fitting it. 

With the new starter motor fitted I was disappointed to find that the trigger cog was whirring, but not engaging. On the rare occasions that it did work properly, the trigger cog was then not releasing properly either. I then rang the company who supplied the starter motor who said that it sounded like the original separate starter solenoid on the inner wing could be causing the problem. So, I then set about removing it and found an additional issue when the main battery cable separated from its connector! 

I'd had enough at this stage, so I called it a day and went indoors until I could order a new solenoid and get the battery lead repaired. 


No comments:

Post a Comment