Sunday 20 October 2024

Sunday 20th October - Triumph suspension issues continued

 Me and a few mates were hoping to go to the Battlesbridge breakfast meet this morning as it was the last one of the year. However, storm Ashley was playing its part in the proceedings and we decided not to bother. Plus it had been raining most of the day on Saturday and the field would have been a quagmire. 

So, in my bored state I went into the garage to continue working on the Triumph. I still had the bottom ball joint to replace in the lower suspension arm and this can be a tricky job. However, having a 20 ton press in my garage certainly makes life easier and I had this done in no time at all. (It was the easiest one I've ever done actually!)

The suspension arm was then bolted into place and the drag strut and anti roll bar were reattached. I did consider lifting the hub back onto the ball joint and tightening that up, but that would leave the hub hanging at a funny angle as I can only support it from the bottom until the replacement suspension leg turns up. 

So, I left the hub assembly sitting on my stool and will leave it until I get the other parts. 

I then pottered about doing a few other things, like putting tools away and stripping a manual fuel pump ready for rebuilding. I then left the fuel pump in soak in the parts washer as by now, the lack of breakfast was catching up with me and I went indoors for some food. Hopefully, the suspension leg will arrive soon and I'll be able to get the Triumph back on its wheels again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment