Sunday 13 October 2024

Sunday 13th October - The Green Cortina finally leaves the garage.

 With yesterdays work being very successful, it was now time to evict the Green Cortina from the garage so that I could get the Triumph in there. 

Although the Triumph completed the recent 10CR successfully, a couple of little niggles became apparent on the run that need to be addressed. (Especially if I'm going to sell it) I've had a great time with Triumphs over the past fifteen years, but I've got to say, it's got to the stage where I feel I've done all I can events wise and I'm now looking for a new direction. 

Up to now, I've taken part in 7 RBRR's, 5 10cr's, 10 HCR's, 3 C2C's and countless other events, including numerous rallies in Scotland, Wales and Holland. I've also won the Club Triumph national points championship twice as well, so I've done my fair share of supporting the club. (Which is also why I don't expect to be spoken to like a piece of shit by the main 10CR organiser at the end of the last 10CR)

My exit from Triumphs isn't set in stone though and I'm currently looking for somewhere to store the car for six months or so in case I change my mind, but for now, my interest in the car or the events just isn't there and I'm having more fun with the two Cortina's. (They're certainly a lot easier to work on!)

So, this morning's task was just to move all the cars around so that they were all where I wanted them. I also took the Green Cortina for a test drive round the block and it ran perfect, so that's a relief. 

The Zetec Cortina needs a run out next as I can't remember the last time I went anywhere in it. I think there's a show on Canvey Island in a  few weeks time, so I may well take it to that. 




No comments:

Post a Comment