Tuesday 11 June 2024

Sunday 9th June - A nice run out.

 After my long day in the garage yesterday, I decided to take the Zetec Cortina out for its first proper run since its rolling road session last September. 

Gavin decided to bring his Triumph out for a run as well, so we headed for a lovely cafe at Latchingdon named 'On the Latch'. We been here before and the service and food is very good. 

We had a great drive out and I was able to give the Zetec some stick while going through the country lanes. The sun was shining as well, which made it all the more nicer.

On returning home, I had a play with the Triumph's fuel sender unit as I'd found recently that it's reading high. Hopefully I've cured it, but I will only really know the next time I fill it up. 

Whilst in the garage, I decided to check the fluids before next Saturdays trip, but found that the brake master cylinder was only half full. A full inspection of all brakes didn't find any leaks, but removal of the brake master cylinder itself revealed that fluid had been leaking past the seals and back towards the servo. 
It seems this car doesn't want to go to Norfolk on Saturday. I've now got to find a seal kit and get this repaired during the week somehow, otherwise the trip wont be happening. 


No comments:

Post a Comment