Sunday 16 June 2024

Saturday 15th June - Triumph 2000 Register National Day- Hunstanton, Norfolk

 Despite my braking issues with the car, I had managed to get these resolved and was looking forward to getting some more running in miles on the engine by making the long trip to Hunstanton in Norfolk.

I filled the car up with Petrol in the morning and double checked that there were no more oil leaks. To my relief there was nothing dripping from the car with the engine running, so I committed myself to the long journey ahead. 

I left at around 7am and took the A127, M25, M11, A14, A10 and then finally the A149 to Hunstanton. The weather was good and I had planned for a coffee break on route, but to be honest, I was enjoying the drive and by the time I was yearning for coffee, I was only 17 miles away, so I kept going until I got there. 

I arrived around 9.30am and met up with Dave Harvey and Lee Godfrey near the site entrance. 

After a cup of coffee and a chat, we then moved down to the display field. It was a good turn out of Triumphs and I took a lot of pleasure from meeting people that I only normally get to see at this annual event. 

The turn out of cars was good as well and although there wasn't as many as there normally is, the quality was very good. 


Unfortunately, around 1pm it started to rain and looked like it was here for the day. I suffered it until 2.15pm and then decided to head home. I had a long way to go and the rain would make the journey slower. 
After I left, it rained for about the next hour or so and then stopped completely, so the drive home wasn't too terrible. I arrived home at 5.30pm 

The car ran very well and never missed a beat, so things are looking good with the new engine. I'm now up to about 380 running in miles, so 120 to go and I'll be able to re-torque the cylinder head, set the valve tappets again, fit a new set of spark plugs and then book it in for its rolling road session. 

Its next big event will be the border raiders rally at the end of July, but hopefully it will be run in by then. 





No comments:

Post a Comment