Sunday 11 August 2024

Sunday July 21st - Battlebridge breakfast meet.

 It was another beautiful day today, so the Zetec Cortina was dragged out again to attend the Battlesbridge breakfast meet. I had a bit of fun on the way down there when a lady in an Audi TT thought she could cut me up and then make good her escape. I think she was a tad surprised to see my 'little old car' stuck up her exhaust pipe no matter how fast she went. 😂 

I met Gavin outside Battlesbridge and we drove in together. We both get there early as we like to be gone by about 12pm, so we can get stuff done at home.

After a few hours there was a good selection of old cars there. I came across another Cortina GT, that I remembered seeing for sale on ebay just after I bought mine. I managed to meet the owner and have a good chat with him. 

Shortly after this I returned to my car to find someone looking over it and who then asked if it had a Lotus engine, to which I replied 'no it hasn't'. He then said 'but its got a Lotus badge', I replied 'No it hasn't. Take a closer look'. When he did, he saw that it was very similar to a Lotus badge, but has been made to suit the car. ☺



No comments:

Post a Comment