Wednesday 21 August 2024

Saturday 3rd August. Fuel pump investigations

 Following the recent breakdown on the border raiders tour, I was certain that the Huco fuel pump was the culprit and set about investigating it. 

 So, I removed the Huco fuel pump and tested it on my work bench, but it was showing absolutely no sign of life at at all. My mate Andy had lent me a cheap electric fuel pump that he had bought for one of his cars, but not used, so I fitted and tried this just to ensure that it was only the pump that was causing the issue and nothing else. 


With the new pump fitted, the car started up straight away proving that it was only a fuel pump issue. I had also decided that I was going to totally revise the fuel pump set up, so I then set about draining all of the petrol out. I'm now going to have the fuel pump in the boot, so this means disconnecting all of the fuel lines and re-routing them, so the fuel tank needed to be completely drained. 

No comments:

Post a Comment