Wednesday 21 August 2024

Sunday 18th August. Battlesbridge Breakfast Meet

 If I'm honest, I had no idea that this meet was on today. I had decided to take the Green Cortina out for a run as it hadn't been out for a while. I'd also wondered if there was a problem with the steering on the Cortina as when I'd been shunting it about, the steering felt a bit stiff, but this just turned out to be low tyre pressures. 

So, while I was out on my drive on this fine Sunday morning, I started seeing a few other classics. I then decided to follow them and then realised they were going to Battlesbridge. I decided to tag along and go myself. 

It was a beautiful day and as usual there plenty of other cars there. A lot of my friends were away at other locations today, so my car was the only Mk1 Cortina there. There was a couple of other cars that caught my eye though, such as an early Mk2 Consul and a Mk2 Lotus Cortina. 


It was a nice morning, but without my friends there it was a bit boring, so I made tracks at about 11.30 and headed home. I was glad I had taken the car for a run though, it doesn't really get used enough and I need to use it more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment