Sunday 9 April 2023

Sunday 9th April - The Pi's maiden voyage

 Good friend Gavin arrived at mine this morning in his Mk2 Pi as we had planned to go for a drive in our Triumphs. The first job though was to bleed the brakes on my Green Cortina. (Much easier with two people) With this done, we made use of the sunshine and decided to go for a drive over to Wallasea Island. 

I needed petrol, so we stopped for fuel on route and while we were stopped I fiddled about with injector number two as it had decided not to play ball. With this corrected we continued our drive. I still had a few issues and the car still isn't running quite on song. 

Wallasea is lovely in the sunshine, it's just a shame that they don't have a coffee shop over there. They would have had a good trade this morning as there were lots of people over there. 


After a relaxing hour in the sun, we headed back, but my car still wasn't performing that well. I did notice that on low revs, it's fine, but any form of acceleration results in a misfire. I suspect that the injectors are not opening fully at the correct pressure. It's my fault really as I had the Lucas pump refurbished, and the metering unit, and the pressure relief valve. Due to the fact that I had 12 injectors in my spares box, I took it for granted that at least 6 of them would be ok, so didn't bother having them checked. It's looking like I should have had them refurbished as well. I've already sent 6 injectors to KMI Injection in Bedford, so I will chase them up this week to see if I can get a quick return. This car is due on the Historic Counties rally in two weekends time, so it needs to be ready.  



No comments:

Post a Comment