Saturday 8 April 2023

Saturday 8th April - Oil Change.

With nearly everything on my list completed (I'm still waiting for the injectors to be refurbished) the only thing left for me to do was an oil and filter change. To be honest I'd only changed the oil about 3000 miles ago, but the recent removal of the cylinder head would have let some water down the bores and into the engine block, so it was best to drain it all out and replace with new. It made sense to replace the oil filter  while I was at it as well.

Whilst waiting for the oil to drain I removed the scuttle panel on the Zetec for painting again. I wasn't keen on the orange I have to say, so I painted it black for the time being. 

With the oil and filter change done it was time to start the Triumph up and move it out of the garage. Before I could do that though, I had to move both Cortina saloons out of the way.

 I got the Triumph started, but it was mis-firing first of all, but changing injector number 2 cured that, so I was able to go for a quick drive. I didn't go too far as the car is very low on petrol at present. Plus, I'm going out for a proper drive tomorrow with Gavin, so I had to save enough to get to a petrol station tomorrow. 



No comments:

Post a Comment