Sunday 16 April 2023

Sunday 16th April. A breakfast meet at last!

 Now that the weather is getting a bit warmer, the classic car breakfast meets have resumed. It's been a long winter, so it was nice to get out and start seeing people again. 

I went for a test drive before going to the meet to test the timing on the Triumph, but I found the timing too advanced. I was kicking myself for not bringing the laptop with me as I could have adjusted it at the meet. 

However, once there I met up with good friends Peter and Gavin. Peter hadn't planned to be there due to problems with the exhaust on his car, but he had brought it round to me on Saturday morning where I had carried out repairs to make it driveable again. 

It was a good morning, although the field was a tad water logged, but it was worth it just to get out and have a chat with fellow enthusiasts. We managed to sink a couple of cups of coffee and enjoyed a sausage in a roll and then spent a couple of hours wandering round the field a admiring the other cars. A very pleasant morning all in all and we're looking forward to the show season starting again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment