Wednesday, 12 August 2026

Tuesday 11th August - A very nice surprise!

 So, Monday morning I started making phone calls regarding a replacement radiator for the Lotus Cortina. I was hoping to find someone who actually had one in stock and I wouldn't have to wait for them to make it. Some of the lead times were 4 to 5 weeks!
Eventually I admitted defeat and placed an order with Coolex of Nottingham who promised no more than a week and a half. This would have been around 12pm that I spoke to them and said I would be eternally grateful if they could do anything to reduce the lead time. 

So, you can imagine my surprise, and delight when the new radiator arrived the very next day! I opened the box to make sure that all the fittings were in the right place and that they hadn't just sent me any old one they had laying around, but everything was as my specifications. Even the overflow pipe fitting being on the driver side. 

Without any hesitation I went straight out into the garage to trial fit it and make sure all was well. I can safely say that it was and within half hour I had my new radiator fitted. 
I'd been a bit disillusioned with some customer service recently, but this was breath of fresh air. I know who I'll be going to with any radiator issues in future! 😊



No comments:

Post a Comment