After yesterdays busy exploits, today was a time to chill, so we headed down to Battlesbridge. The weather had cooled quite a bit, so it wasn't as uncomfortable as it had been recently. (I don't deal with the heat very well)
Karen and I arrived there fairly early (as usual) and headed straight to the gazebo for some coffee. Before long we were joined by my Triumph mates Peter Silk and Gavin.
We sat talking and drinking coffee for some time, before having a wander around the cars. My favourite car was one I hadn't seen there before and was absolutely beautiful. It was a Mk2 Consul estate. There's not many of these about now, mainly because there wasn't many of then built in the first place. Ford Motor Company wasn't making their own estates when the Mk2 Consul was being produced and the conversion to estate car was given to Abbots of Farnham.
Thursday, 20 August 2026
Sunday 16th August - Battlesbridge Breakfast Meet.
Another estate that caught my eye was a Ford Anglia estate. Quite unusual these and one of a very few estate cars that had only two doors. The only other 2 door estates I can think of from back then is the Ford Escort and the Vauxhall Viva.
Time was getting on and we had to make a move as I had to call in to my friend Keith's to collect some parts for my LC. I had been a good morning though and it was nice to just sit around chatting to friends. We need to get some more of these meets in, because before you know it, Autumn will be closing in and another show season will have passed. 😢
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment