Thursday, 20 August 2026

Saturday 15th August - Getting legless!

After my very short couple of drives around the crescent in the LC, I had a feeling that all was not well suspension wise. I took measurements once the car was back on level ground in the garage and found a centimeter difference between the nearside and offside springs at the back of the car, and a 2.5 centimetre difference at the front. 
The 1 centimetre difference at the rear is nothing to worry about really and can easily be ignored, but only if the front is level. 2.5 centimetres doesn't sound a lot, but its amazing how much it can affect the steering and handling. 
So, todays task was remove both front struts and strip them down in readiness to take down to Gaz Shocks in Basildon. Everything came undone easy enough as it had only recently been fitted up!
I must admit to kicking myself, because I should really have got these done while they were off the car for eight months, but hey ho!
By lunchtime I had both of them removed and stripped down and found that one of the inserts was virtually seized. I also found that one of the springs measured 33cm while the other measured 31cm. 
That will be why the car wasn't sitting level then! All I need now is to get them to Gaz so they can totally refurbish them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment