Tuesday 17 September 2024

Sunday 15th September - Breakfast meet, then work!

 It was the Battlesbridge breakfast meet again today and with it possibly being the last one of the year (Weather pending) I decided to go along. 

I took the Triumph as this was at the front of the queue on the driveway and I couldn't be bothered to play musical cars getting the Blue Cortina out. 

It was a good turnout, but the car of the day for me was a very early and very rare 2 door Ford Consul Corsair. Apparently, it had only covered 33,000 miles from new and was unbelievably original. Corsairs are quite a rare car anyway, but the 2 door versions even more so. 


After having a good laugh with some mates, I left around lunch time as I still had things I wanted to get done in the garage. 

Once home I set up my engine stand and managed to lift the engine on to it with the engine crane. This needs to be done as when I fit the new sump gasket, it will make sense to have the engine completely upside down. The sump gasket on these engines is in four pieces, so it goes together like a big jigsaw puzzle. I soon had this done, so all in all, it had been a successful weekend. 





No comments:

Post a Comment