Wednesday 6 September 2023

Sunday 3rd September. - A new look.

 I'd been considering a new look for my Zetec Cortina for some time, but wasn't completely sure what to go for. Both of my Cortina's have exactly the same wheels and hub caps on and I fancied something different. 

Retro Ford have recently had some Group 5 Alloys remanufactured, but I wasn't sure whether these would suit my car. After weeks of studying pictures of them I still wasn't certain it would be a good look. These wheels are not cheap, so I needed to be 100% convinced that I was doing the right thing. 

A friend of mine, Dave Maton has an app on his phone which is similar to photoshop, so I sent him a black and white picture of a Mk1 Cortina fitted with group 5 alloys and he had a go at colouring it in. To be honest I thought he did a very good job, as you can see below. 

It convinced me that the dark Anthracite colour of the wheels would go well with the blue of my Cortina, so I ordered a set.  Within a couple of days, they had arrived and I had new tyres fitted to them.

Before I put them on the Zetec, I thought I'd try them out on my Green Cortina, just to see what it looked like. I actually quite like the look, but the majority of people who I've shown the pic to think it makes the car look too dark. But it's my car, so its my opinion that counts. 😊


With the trial fit done I removed the alloys and put them on the Zetec Cortina. The standard wheel studs are a bit too short for these alloys, so longer ones had to be fitted. The car has to stay in the garage at the moment due to running issues, so I couldn't take it out to get some decent photos, but they do look good so I'm happy anyway. 




No comments:

Post a Comment