Tuesday 1 November 2011

Tuesday 1st November- A few days to go!

            A chance remark in a pub Sunday night left me wondering if I could get something done on Gertie before this weekends rally in Belgium, Holland and Germany. That remark was...' your car's alright, but it's too Grey. It needs a cream roof to go with the cream wheels'. As soon as it had been said the image popped into my head and wouldn't leave me. So, Monday morning a phone call was made to the guy who painted the Mk2 rally car I had and luckily he had a empty slot on Tuesday morning.
            I have to admit to being somewhat unsure of whether to go ahead or not, as I wasn't sure if the 'two tone' look would work, but in the end I thought 'bugger it, I can always change it back!'
             Tuesday afternoon I got a phone call saying the car was ready and again I felt slightly nervous on the way to collect it. However, as soon as I saw it I was overjoyed. I thought it looked fantastic. It gives it a real 'sixties' look and suits the car perfectly. It also takes away the 'bland greyness' and brightens the car up no end. Roll on the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment