Sunday 12 May 2024

Sunday 12th May - Battlesbridge Autojumble

 We had some beautiful sunshine today, so it was looking good for our little trip out. Gavin came round to me in his Triumph and due to ongoing repairs, my only choice of car was my 1964 Goodwood Green Cortina. A nice leisurely run down to Battlesbridge in the sun was the order of the day and we arrived there fairly early. 

A cup of coffee and a bacon bap was first on the agenda and we just sat in the sun before having a look round. I wasn't shopping for anything in particular and neither was Gavin, but we met a few friends over there and it was good to have a chat and a catch up. 

I spotted a couple of other Mk1 Cortina's there which I hadn't seen before, but unfortunately neither owner of them was there to be able to have a chat with. 

It was a smaller show than normal and by 11.30 we had walked round it three times and had two cups of coffee each, so we decided to call it a day. It had been a pleasant morning though and it was good to get the Green Cortina out on the road again. We just need some more sunshine now, so that we can get out to some more shows. 


No comments:

Post a Comment