Wednesday 22 March 2023

Wednesday 22nd March- Mot time!

 I had another busy morning before work today. I had tried to start the green Cortina the night before so that I could get the Triumph into the garage. However, it wasn't playing ball as it has now developed an electrical fault. So I spent an hour or so this morning chopping out unnecessary and excessive wiring and started work on locating the battery under the bonnet as opposed to in the boot where it presently resides.

I couldn't spend too much time doing this though as the Zetec Cortina was due for an Mot test at 10am at Phoenix Mot at Basildon.  The day had started wet and miserable, but the rain had stopped by the time I was ready to leave. I did have a bit of scare shortly after leaving when the engine started hesitating and felt like it was going to cut out. Luckily whatever it was soon cleared and the remainder of the drive was trouble free. 

I've been going to Phoenix Mot for over 20 years now, so it's almost like a social occasion when I visit. All too soon though, the car was Mot'd and thankfully it passed with flying colours. (Just as well because it was due to expire at midnight)

I then had to get a move on as I was due at work at 12pm, so the car had to suffer some spirited driving to get me there in time. A good day though and another job off of my ever growing list. 







No comments:

Post a Comment