Monday 27 March 2023

Saturday March 25th - Pi work starts

Todays objective was to play musical cars again so that the Triumph ended up in the garage ready for the Pi conversion to start. (Conversion to fuel injection)

The first snag was that the new starter motor I had recently purchased for the Green Cortina turned out to be faulty, so this had to be attended to first. As you can see the new starter motor was making some weird and wonderful noises.

With this done and all other electrical connections double checked the car started and was moved out of the garage. 

The Triumph was then moved into the garage where all of the remaining petrol was extracted from the fuel tank via the electric fuel pump. (There wasn't a lot to pump out, I had ran it down as low as I dared)

I then disconnected the battery, removed the electric fuel pump (This will no longer be required) and then disconnected the throttle cable and choke cable. I was then able to remove the carburettors and air filter. 

The petrol tank was the centre of my attention next as this needs to be removed and an 'Injection' tank needs to be installed. (Same shape but different connections.) 

By the time I had removed the tank it was now 3pm in the afternoon as I was feeling quite knackered as I'd been awake since 5am. Needless to say, I called it a day and retired for the afternoon. 

I did do one more small job though and that was to put the injection bonnet flute on in readiness for when the job is completed. 




No comments:

Post a Comment