Sunday 26 May 2013

Saturday 25th May Enfield Pageant of Motoring

To make a change from working on cars all the time I took some time out and took my nephew Connor over to the Enfield Pageant of Motoring. Unusually for a teen he's not  into small hatchbacks with dustbin sized exhausts and rear body panels vibrating from boom boxes in the boot and prefers older cars instead. (Haven't got a clue where he gets it from!)  
In fact he's even considering selling his 'modern' and buying a classic Mini. Good lad! It was a good day out and I met Steve Poulton and Darren Sharp over there too as well as some other old friends from my 'previous life' when I lived in Enfield. Apparently it took Steve over two hours to get home due to a bad crash on the M25. Luckily I had gone a different way after calling in to see Davemate, so I missed it.
 
Anyway, here's a few pics from the show.
 
A very rat look Ford Corsair with a 3 litre Essex V6 fitted.

 
A pair of Anglia estates copying Gertie's cream roof look!
 
A rare Volkswagen, but I have no idea what model!
 
Alan Mann coloured Lotus Cortina
 
An ultra rare Vauxhall PB Cresta estate. Even Google images can't find many of these!
 
Meeting up with old friends.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment