Wednesday, 29 February 2012

February 29th. Steering issues finally resolved!

Well I managed to collect my reconditioned steering rack today and rushed home from work in order to fit it. I had already removed the old one from the car last night, so the job was half done already.
I took my time and made sure I didn't miss anything and after checking everything over, the reservoir was filled with fluid and the process of bleeding began. In no time at all the all the bubbles were out of the system and a test drive revealed that all was well. In fact the steering was smooth, but tight and felt the best it ever has, so it was worth the expense of getting it done.
I haven't put any pics up because it would only be another one of a steering rack (albeit a clean and shiny one) and I'm sure that like me, you've seen enough of them by now!
The MOT  for this car is booked for Monday and at present, it shouldn't have any problems.

The next job on the agenda is the slightly leaky clutch slave cylinder on Gertie. It's not too much of a problem if you keep an eye on the level in the reservoir, but I want to get it seen to before Doug Foreman and I take to foreign shores in a few weeks time for a night rally in Holland. I really don't fancy finding myself with no clutch by the side of an autoroute somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment