Wednesday 29 November 2023

Saturday November 25th - New throttle bracket for the Triumph

 Since converting the Triumph from injection back to carburettors, I'd become aware of how sloppy the throttle cable set up is on the twin SU carbs. Injection uses a direct link to the throttle cable whereas the carbs set up uses a cable but joined to some weird scissor type linkage. (See below)

As luck would have it, a Triumph enthusiast by the name of Dylan Day posted on Facebook that he had made up a bracket that will do away with this weird contraption. So, after a few messages, I decided to buy one and give it a try. 

Once I received it I found that it's a very well made item and also made of good quality metal. It didn't take long to fit and other than needing a few adjustments to the carburettor link bar and also fitting a stop on the throttle pedal (So that the cable doesn't over travel and stretch and snap) it's a straight forward fit. 

It took out all of the previous sloppyness and has made the throttle much more responsive. I'm very pleased with it. I just need to get the car out for a test drive now. 




No comments:

Post a Comment