Wednesday 20 July 2022

Sunday 17th July. A day at the seaside!

 Every third Sunday of the month the Southend district and classic car club have a 'Classics on the beach' meeting. I had no plans for the day and neither did my mate Andy, so we decided to give it a go and see what it was like. 

Andy came to my house first and we then took the back roads to Southend. (Traffic can be a nightmare going to Southend when the sun is shining!) After a trouble free run we arrived at the parking area where I was parked right at the top of the stairs opposite the amusement arcades. 

Andy had brought along his Austin A30 and what with him bringing his dog as well I couldn't resist making a comparison to Wallace and Gromit. 

It was a beautiful day and the sunshine was glorious. A lunch of Scampi and chips was very welcome and followed by a lovely pint of cool Guinness. Around 4pm everyone was heading home, so we did the same and again avoided the main traffic flow and came home through Shoeburyness and then Rochford. It had been a quality day out, albeit very hot! 

I had taken the estate to work on the Friday before the show and to my dismay had lost a hub cap on the way home. I didn't want to take the car to the show minus one hub cap, so I borrowed one from the saloon. I then thought the saloon didn't look right with a hub cap missing as well, so I took them all off. Luckily, you can still buy them brand new, so I have ordered one as a replacement. In the meantime the saloon will just have to look like this!





No comments:

Post a Comment