Sunday 7 June 2020

31st May. A run out at last!

With the restrictions eased slightly I finally got a chance to take Gertie2 out for her first test drive since fitting the new camshaft and other bits and pieces. 
The sun was shining and the weather was hot, so a nice drive over to Wallasey Island was planned and good friend Gavin joined me as well.
Due to a lot of engine parts being new, I didn't give the car a thrashing but did get some good mileage on it. (Although I still want to do a bit more before I re-torque the cylinder head and change the oil). It definitely runs a lot better now and also a lot smoother, so I'm pleased with the result of the recent hard work and expense. I just cant wait for the restrictions to be lifted fully so we can all go back to normality and enjoying our car events again. Hopefully we'll still be able to fit some in this year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment